Why the WGK Group?
We have the experience, knowledge, tools, and insights to boost program and project management success.
The President of the WGK Group is Wick Keating. Wick is a proven leader of strategic, large-scale information technology programs and projects. He has over twenty-five years of experience in project management and has a proven combination of strong leadership, communications, technology, and management skills and a track record of successful project delivery.
Wick served as the Chief Technology Officer of AMS, a $1B IT software and system integration firm serving government, financial institutions, and telecommunications providers. As CTO he directed company-wide project management improvement initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and financial performance:
- Developed and implementing a standard system development and deployment methodology,
- Upgraded the project methodology to full compliance with the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge,
- Migrated all development and integration projects to CMMI level 2 and 3,
- Developed a common architectural reference model and “technology stack” for all products and solutions, and
- Reviewed large client projects to assess performance, risks, and expectations and identify actions needed to correct any issues.
He served on executive steering committees overseeing strategic technology projects for the Bank of Montreal, Great West Life, and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Wick has served as project manager of large IT projects for government agencies at the Federal, state, and local levels as well as major banks, telecommunications providers and other large private sector organizations.
He also served as a senior reviewer of the Company’s largest projects and developed and led workshops to enhance the skills of project managers in areas such as relationship management and risk management.
He has a BS in Electrical Engineering from Lehigh University and an MBA from the Wharton School.
Wick is also a certified rowing coach and has over twenty years of coaching experience.
Our philosophy of project management is based on years of experience and many lessons. It can be summarized as:
- plan realistically,
- sweat the details,
- respect the project team and stakeholders,
- trust but verify,
- deal with problems early, and
- communicate frequently, clearly, and honestly (no surprises).
We have developed a project management methodology and toolkit based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Our methodology is compatible with traditional and agile software development methodologies. We use this project management methodology as a basis for our engagements.
We have experience with a variety of project management methodologies and software development life cycles. If a client has an existing project management methodology or software development life cycle we have the flexibility to follow that approach.
The WGK Group teams with professional services and technology organizations to provide comprehensive solutions.